Kraussmaffei, $7BN aircraft sales, S1000D Update, and the Euro Tank?
Kraussmaffei and their new Digital Services Solutions Unit, Mixed Reality in Aircraft Maintenance start this episode of Thursday Thoughts. We then move on to talk about the new ‘Euro Tank‘ and next generation of the fighter jets that are already in planning between France and Germany.
Does the new Puma Armoured vehicle have a reliability issue? Well according to the news this week it would appear so!
Massive spending in both aerospace and defence demonstrates that our domain is buoyant with new deals, Airbus and Boeing joint sales totalling $7BN for MAY and Lockheed Martin awarded a new $1.1 BN Bahrain contract.
BAE Systems testing a new cobotic system on the Eurofighter production line demonstrates how technology is being adopted in our sector – these robots will know all about your skills and ability to perform a task! The future has become the now!
A report shows that the troubled jet engine market is costing airlines a tremendous amount in aircraft maintenance and platform downtime. Bombardier hunts the aftermarket, Rolls-Royce awarded new patent for Electric Jet Engines, all make the TDW news this week!
Adobe launched Project Rush, a new video editing platform for mobile devices, Mike gives his thoughts on this. SDL cracks Russian to English automated translations, new European Copyright laws are working their way through the Euro chains, what does this mean for content creators and sharers? S1000D Issue 4.2 download package has been updated and is available now from the official S1000D website.
Questions answered this week:
- Can we produce Service Bulletins in S1000D?
- Can we see the agenda for TDW-Live?
- Is Corel Draw any good?
- Where can we find your magazine archives?
- Where is the ‘futures’ podcast you said you were going to produce?
- I do not seem to be getting your newsletters, have I been removed from your list?
- Can you do some AR, VR or AI tutorials?
- What level of STE training is there in TD-iQ?
Links to news items:
- Kraussmaffei – Read More
- Mixed Reality in Aircraft Maintenance – Read More
- Euro Tank – Read More
- New Euro SuperJet – Read More
- Puma Reliability – Read More
- RUAG MRO – Read More
- Lockheed – Read More
- Troubled Jet Engines – Read More
- Boeing & Airbus – $7BN sales – Read More
- Bombardier aftermarket – Read More
- Rolls-Royce Electric Jet Engine – Read More
- Adobe Project Rush – Read More
- SDL Translation – Read More
- BAE Systems Cobotic – Read More
- Etteplan HyperSTE release – Read More
- S1000D Issue 4.2 Update – Read More
- Podcast Episode 11 – What I always Suggest – First – Listen Now
- TDW-Live Updates – View Website
Looking for Technical Communication Training? Check out TechCommTraining in Aerospace, Defence and Space. If you would like more content from us here at TDW, why not consider joining us as a full member? more details