GDPR, BREXIT, S1000D CSDB’s and a message from Moscow – Thursday Thoughts Episode#7
BREXIT a term that polarises opinion, but this week BREXIT makes an appearance in our weekly technical information update and our Thursday Thoughts. Rolls-Royce, as well as many other industry leaders in Europe, is taking steps to move business activities away from the UK to mainland Europe if needs be!
Has BREXIT swayed the Airbus decision to partner with Dassault on the future replacement of the Eurofighter Typhoon project? With reports showing that BAE Systems will not be included in these discussions, are we seeing how BREXIT will start affecting these collaborative projects in Europe?
Is BREXIT starting to show how it will pan out for our industry?
What can this mean for technical information? Well we take a look at some of the possible messages behind this.
Also discussed this week the new Meggitt ‘super site’, how Thales is investing in Indian nuclear submarines and the big boys start throwing their hats into the ring for the next big German military contracts.
A lovely message from Moscow and Mike answers the question of using S1000D without the need of a Common Source DataBase – a story on how he has seen a project suffer the consequences of deciding it would be cost effective to use spreadsheets and file systems!
The new legislation GDPR comes into affect in May – but what does this mean for TD and YOUR technical information departments?
You can watch the full recording now on our YouTube channel.
Questions Mike answered this week included:
- Can we use S1000D without a CSDB? A new subscriber asks if it is possible to use S1000D without a CSDB – Mike gives his honest answer
- Which illustrations should we be using?
- Do you support “this” S1000D solution and a message from Moscow!
Links mentioned in this weeks Thursday Thoughts
- Meggitt – New Contract
- Meggitt – New Building
- MTU/RR – Series 8000 – Read more
- Thales – Nuclear Investment
- Thales – Digital Centre
- Rolls-Royce – Norwegian Win – Read More
- Rolls-Royce – Brexit
- BAE Systems & Dell – Read More
- German Military – Read More
- PRATT, UTAS – MRO Growth forecast – Read More
- Boeing – German Heavy Lift capability – Read more
- UTC – HUMS – Read More
- Bombardier Q400 – Read More
- Scale of AR Market for Defence – Read More
- AR/AI Use Article – Read More
- Airbus is going to rename Bombardier C-Series Jet – Read More
- PODCAST – Protecting Technical Information IPR – Listen Now or watch the recording
- Innovation in Information – ‘The future of technical information’ – book now
Join TDW and create your FREE account – Join Now
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel for a special announcement this week on Tech Data Direct!
Reminder – we will NOT be broadcasting to Facebook live – you will see why in our next Thursday Thoughts! If you want to join us LIVE make sure it is via TD-iQ, our website or YouTube.