Episode#8 – Is S1000D used in Space? Do you use S3000L?
Loads of great content in Episode#8 – One of the main questions we were asked this week was around the use of ASD S1000D in the space sector – Mike talks about the programmes he knows that have used S1000D as well as some research we are doing into S3000L.
The increase in defence spending is clear around the globe at the moment, Mike talks about the new fighter acquisitions for Finland, Turkey and some of the upgrades and issues around the German Eurofighter platform. Boeing acquires KLX is one of the stories we picked up around this major global brand as well as their announcement around the Master Supply Deal signed with ‘top-level’ tier suppliers. Rolls-Royce and Airbus sign a new engine deal ‘safe-guarding’ the UK Derby site. The UK MoD Ship HMS Forth was on sea trials and has ‘serious’ issues forcing the ship to be brought back in to docks, the DITA website is now all DITA forcing Mike to suggest other standards and specifications should be doing the same.
In the TDW Member news this week, we picked up on Flatirons Jouve new Digital Division, CDS Defence Support awarded two major UK MoD contracts and we look forward to this weekends upcoming Army v Navy rugby match.
The TDW updates included what is happening around Tech Data Direct and the things our subscribers need to be doing now to comply with the GDPR that will be enforce in Europe shortly.
Finally Mike talked about two recent meetings, one with Leonardo and the other with DCS-Sonovision, we looked at S3000L and the short survey that TDW is conducting into this new and emerging specification.
Watch now on our YouTube channel HERE
Links mentions in this Episode:
- Leonardo and Turkey Fighter Aircraft – Read More
- Boeing Acquires KLX – Read More
- Apple AR/VR headset – Read More
- Boeing Signs Master Supply Deals – Read More
- Royal Navy Ship issues – Read More
- Rolls-Royce AI Deal – Read More
- DITA Website – Read More
- Rolls-Royce & Airbus deal – Read More
- CDS Defence Support contracts – Read More
- Diehl and Boeing – Read More
- Finland new fighter jet – Read More
- The Performance Institute – Shaping the Future of the Aerospace Workforce – Read More
- Rolls-Royce and Hasso Plattner Institute – Read More
- Rolls-Royce Successful IoT Deployment – Read More
- Thales MoU – Read More
- Flatirons Jouve – Read More