World Cup, Bell-Boeing, ADS, Kahootz and NEWS! – Thursday Thoughts #13
This week there was lots of interesting news to talk about, again Brexit and the Galileo projects are discussed where tension and relationships seem to be worsening between the UK and the rest of the EU. Bulgaria announces two new military platform acquisitions, Bell-Boeing awarded the V-22 upgrade. Rolls-Royce seem to be in the news this week for the wrong reasons. A deadlock between RR and the delivery of a Turkish project has hit the news, all around IPR (listen to our Podcast on IPR we released some weeks back), as well as the announcement of reducing the UK RR workforce by some 4,000!
CorelDraw 2018 was released professing deeper S1000D integration and support, DCS-Sonovision awarded the Business of the Year award for North Hertfordshire and our friends at WebX Systems are looking to increase their development team.
In the TDW news this week, the all new TDW-Live website is now online with registrations rolling in nicely! TDW renews our membership for ADS and Mike announcing he will be at the Farnborough Airshow for those that can make it. Mike has also been invited to the Kahootz User Conference in London and will be vLogging from their workshop. If you are at the Tank Fest this year, Mike will also be there (Friday) taking photo’s video and of course a little vLog!
If anyone in tech pubs/ILS is affected by these job cuts and announcements, we at TDW are always asked to provide CV’s of good people – we will be happy to support any of you if you need us – Mike
The big news this week is that TDW released the full syllabus for our Technical Communication in Aerospace, Defence and Space course. The feedback that TDW has had so far from leading experts is that it is indeed the most comprehensive and best value for money that anyone has offered in our domain!
The questions we answered this week included:
- Will you be at the S1000D show in New Orleans? – Mike answers this question again, but with a little more background detail as to why it is a dilema
- Where are your PODCAST interviews you promised us?
- The big question of the week – which team will Mike be supporting during this years World Cup? Mike takes a political position on the topic!
Reminder there will be NO THURSDAY THOUGHTS on the 21st June – watch the video to find out why
In this Thursday Thoughts:
- Bulgarian Projects – Read More
- Bell-Boeing – Read More
- Bombardier – Read More
- Rolls-Royce v Turkey – Read More
- Rolls-Royce – Job Cuts – Read More
- CorelDraw – Read More
- Sea 5000 Podcast – Read More
- Lockheed Martin, Raytheon – Read More
- Galileo – Read More
- WebX Systems on Twitter – Follow
- TDW-Live – New website
- Farnborough Airshow – Read More
- Kahootz – Read More
- Tank Fest – Read More
- Technical Communication Training Syllabus online – Read More
If you would like more just like this and access to additional TDW resources, why not take a full subscription to TDW (learn more), you will be able to access TD-iQ our online learning platform as well as live streams of events that we broadcast all as part of your subscription. A reminder to subscribe to our podcast channel to hear more from us at TDW!